Sunday, December 30, 2007

How to survive a horror game

Make sure that your bladder is empty before you start playing. This is so that you won't have to go to the loo every time a creepy thing appear. That is if you still have the courage to go. (You know how ghost like to appear in toilet bowl).

Every time when the heroin (face it... you'll use a girl character most of the time) walks through a dark hall you are sure to hear laughter in the background. My advise would be for you to laugh along. If you don't wanna feel like an idiot then I suggest you play this game when there's no one around. Think about it... You can brag to your friends that you have not only finish the game but you were brave enough to play it alone.

Turn on the volume. I tried turning on the radio and my plan backfired. Instead of feeling better I'll jump every time a ghost appear, if you were to listen to the sound of the game you'll know when and where the ghost will appear. Imagine playing it in a cinema-like room... The sound system and the big screen (my dream game room)...

It's frustrating enough to get stuck in a RPG game and what not a horror game. So, remember to prepare a walkthrough. A word of advise, if you do not like spoiler then I suggest you NOT to go through the walkthrough unless you are really really stuck.

Think about Laban, the friendly ghost (what?). According to wiki: Laban, the friendly ghost or "the ghost who wouldn't haunt", is a children's book character. Laban, who should not be mistaken for Casper the Friendly Ghost. (I have no idea about this either... I found this when I was searching about my topic since I'm running out of ideas).

Do not play it when my brother is sleeping on the couch. The scary thing about it is he tend to suddenly talk when he's asleep. He's like the game special effect.

Lastly, enjoy it. "Art, characters, and storylines as depicted in the game are purely the work of fiction. Any similarity to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. (or maybe there really exist such person who have experienced it and live to tell the tale and make it a game...)

2 comments:

rumnraisin.cathz said...

what game is that??? hhahaha...must be so interesting!! we play together!! wahhahah!! hey btw, summer course starting??

Swing said...

started ady... i'm now in the resource center doing my research.. haihz