Monday, October 5, 2009

Is-land

"Looking forward to Monday" "Wishing you were here" "Uni break!"
"I'm hungry"
"Hello Friday!" "is thinking about the thing that she know that you think that she in thinking"
"Is emoing"

Every time I look at messages left in FaceBook the first thing that comes into my mind is "attention seeker". I'm sure there are lots of friends out there who goes online to find out what you had been up to and leaving messages is a way to show them your gratitude as they willingly, regardless of time and the amount of assignment they have, goes to your message to leave a comment and to point out that they "like this". I still think "ATTENTION SEEKER".

BUT to think about it... Am I not doing the same thing? I have a blog to write down anything I want and some random people or friends who stop by thinking there's something interesting to read only to find out that all I did was a tag or a meaningless emo blog. I'm also constantly changing my personal message in MSN. Weirdly, the only thing that I can't do is leave a message in FaceBook... But I do upload pictures and do crazy poses for my friend's camera because I know they will end up in FaceBook anyway... So, am I different from my attention seeking friends?

There's a saying "No man is an is-land" so I guess since we're in a modern era where anyone around the world can just tell another person "I had fish and chip for lunch" = "No man is a FaceBookless-man"

1 comment:

rumnraisin.cathz said...

kinda get wat u mean.. that's why i dont post up pictures in fb... but i leave messages in fb.. haha so i see irony there too, just in different forms. ahaha..

but hey lady update yr bloggie k cuz muah will pop up here very often!